Saturday 24 February 2007

Cleaner Shrimp, Dancing Shrimp & 3 Turbo Snails purchased!

Having checked all my levels and confirmed all was okay, I today went with the wife and her younger sister (11 yrs old) to RC&E and informed the shop owner that we were ready 4 the next level - he advised that we could either add further corals, purchase a damsel or 2 or get some clean up crew. We went 4 getting some clean up crew and some additional tank items - 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Dancing Shrimp, 3 Turbo Snails, 25 litres of RO Water, an additional pump, magicleaner, and more salt.

All added to the tank with the usual slow and concentrated introduction required to a new fish home, all went in - light off, snails obviously settled straight in no problems at all, shrimp were okay a little nervous but a few hours later they were happily moving swiftly around their new home. Even being introduced to my hairy crab (can't remember the name) they got on great.

Just got to add my additional pump as recommended by my LFS tomorrow and then leave things to settle for about a week b4 purchasing a few gobys or damsels to start of my live fish stock.

Check back soon, for further updates

No comments: